Timing is everything. We provide help when it is most needed – before a major career or business decision, or when crisis strikes. Here are some common situations you want to discuss with us:
- I am a freelancer or independent specialist. My customer wants me to sign a contract before I begin a project. I need to understand what I am signing.
- My business partner and I had a falling out. He is threatening to sue me. He owes me money. I need to know how to protect myself and how to get my money back.
- My former employer is suing me. They claim I took something valuable before I left, and are trying to prevent me from working for my new employer or starting my own business.
- I am thinking of going to work for a competitor of my employer. I signed many agreements as part of my employment package, for example, a confidentiality agreement and a non-disclosure agreement. I need to know what my obligations are under these agreements before I quit my job.
- I have contact with my employer’s customers every day. One of them wants to interview me for a job. How do I do that without violating any duties to my employer?
- I have contact with my employer’s customers and vendors every day. I think I can run a business like this by myself. Can I tell customers about my plans? Will my employer sue me if I open my own business and they become my customers? Can I use the same vendors?
- My company hired a new employee. Her former employer just sued us, claiming we poached the employee because she has valuable proprietary information belonging to the former employer.